On March 6th, 2019, Jasmine and I announced our first ever lighting challenge!
Here’s the basic premise.
Step 1. Download the Model
Step 2. Light It
Step 3. Post It To The TDU Lighting Community Page By March 31st, 2019
Step 4. Best Image Gets $100 Amazon Gift Card!!!
– You Must Use This Mr. Bean Download
– All work must be your own
– Join the group and submit one still to this Facebook group page by end of March
– You must use Renderman as your renderer
– Winner will be chosen the first week of April.
– Winner will receive $100
These images will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
1. Create a strong sense of mood
2. Demonstrate the ability to direct the viewer’s eye
3. Craft strong visual shaping
4. Bonus points for creativity!!
A HUGE thanks to the Renderman team for working with us and an even HUGER thanks to Bruno Ponte for creating this beautiful Mr. Bean character.
If you need help setting up Renderman, check out our video here.
We were absolutely blown away by the submissions. The creativity, the skill, and the dedication to the craft absolutely delighted us throughout the entire process.
In the end, there could only be one winner. And that winner was…
Antonio’s work was a classic example of a difficult lighting scenario done brilliantly. Antonio designed a beautiful “wet” shader for Mr. Bean and did an exceptionally brilliant job of creating shaping in the dark fill areas with subtle, colored specular light.
If you want a breakdown of how Mike created this image, check out this video: