Lighting For Animation
The art of visual storytelling
By Jasmine Katatikarn & Michael Tanzillo
Lighting for Animation is designed with one goal in mind – to make you a better artist. Over the course of the book, Jasmine Katatikarn and Michael Tanzillo (Senior Lighting TDs, Blue Sky Studios) will strive to train your eye to analyze your work more critically by teaching you approaches and techniques that will enable you to improve your craft. This book will focus on the main philosophies and core concepts utilized by industry professionals with the intention of building your foundation for a successful career as a lighting artist in visual effects and computer animation.
Lighting for Animation covers the following topics: – Creating mood and storytelling through lighting
- Using light to create visual shaping
- Directing the viewer’s eye with light and color
- Gathering and utilizing reference images
- Successful lighting and rendering workflows
- Render layers and how they can be used most effectively
- Specific lighting scenarios including of character lighting, environment lighting, and lighting an animated sequence
- Material properties and they work with lighting
- Compositing techniques essential for a lighter
- A guide on how to start your career and ultimately become success as a lighting artist
And much more!
Get started right now by learning more